Public consultation on Development of multi-annual plans for the management of demersal fisheries in western EU waters
The current initiative is intended to contribute to delivering directly on the achievement of the Common Fisheries Policy, in particular the long term sustainability of the stocks and the implementation of an ecosystem-based approach to fisheries management, through the achievement of the following specific objectives:
- To achieve that fish stocks concerned are restored above levels that can produce maximum sustainable yields (MSY) as soon as possible, or by 2020 at the latest.
- To ensure high and sustainable yields for the fishing industry, while taking in to account mixed fisheries interactions, interactions with the marine ecosystem and the obligation to land all catches of fish.
- To ensure that the relevant stocks are maintained within safe biological limits, and that stocks outside of safe biological limits are brought within those limits as rapidly as possible.
- To minimize unwanted catches in order to make it easier for the fishing industry to implement the obligation to land all catches introduced in the reformed CFP.
- To establish the framework necessary for the implementation of regionalisation in the long-term management of the relevant stocks.
Period of consultation
From 22.05.2015 to 11.09.2015.